Call recording is one of the standard features for many smartphones. Even if some phones don’t support natively, you can enable this feature fairly easily by using countless auto call recording apps. But that can not be said for VoIP based calls like WhatsApp and truth to be told many peoples are moving to WhatsApp and similar apps for voice calls and as well as videos all thanks to cheaper internet plans.
Recording a WhatsApp call is very tough and not a pleasant experience. Many third-party apps struggle to provide quality call recording feature for WhatsApp call and don’t even think for a second that there are native features for this. Because no OS by default accepts VoIP based apps. In this article, we will try to ease that process by mentioning ways to record WhatsApp calls on Android and iOS.
But before we do, it is worth mentioning that recording a call without the other person’s permission is not just unethical it is also illegal. Also, make sure to learn about the local laws before recording a call.
How to Record WhatsApp call on iPhone
Recording WhatsApp calls on the iPhone requires both iPhone and Mac. Yes, you heard it right. There is no other way around this. This process sounds awful but as I said there is no other way around.
Follow the below steps carefully to be able to record WhatsApp calls on the iPhone successfully.
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac using lighting cable.
- You might get a prompt on iPhone if you are connecting your iPhone to the mac for the first time. Select ‘Trust this computer‘ on iPhone if you get that prompt.
- Open Quick Time Player app on Mac and from the File select New Audio Recording.
- Next to the record button, you can see a downward pointed arrow. Click on that and select your iPhone.
- Now hit the recording button on your Mac Quick Time Player.
- Now make a call on WhatsApp. Once done hit stop recording and disconnect your iPhone from your PC.
Your recording should be saved on your Mac.
I realize that this method is complicated and if someone doesn’t use a Mac cannot use this technique. But trust me if there were any other way around this I would’ve found and mentioned here.
How to Recording WhatsApp call on Android
There are many auto call recording apps on the Google Play Store, but most of them struggle when it comes to WhatsApp or similar VoIP based call recordings. One of the apps that I found working fine is the Cube Call Recorder. Don’t cheer yet because this app also comes with caveats. Due to hardware limitation this app doesn’t work with many smartphones. They have a link to a Google Spreadsheet on their app page on Google Play Store where you can see all the phones that Cube app supports.
Like for example, I couldn’t make this app work on my OnePlus 6t, but this app worked just fine on my old OnePlus One. So before you try, I would suggest you to check if your phone is listed on this list.
Follow these steps to Record WhatsApp calls on Android phones.
- First, download the Cube Call Recording app from the Google Play Store.
- Allow all the necessary permission to the app.
- Now make a call on WhatsApp and see if you can see a Cube app widget on the screen with the recording button. If it is there, then you are good to go.
- If it is not, then open the app again and go to setting. There you can see an option labeled as ‘Force VoIP call as voice call.‘ Turn on that feature.
- Now make a call on WhatsApp again. If you see the recording widget then congrats you can now record WhatsApp calls. If you don’t see any option then, unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you know any other app for Android that you are personally using and working just fine then let me know in comments. I will include this here with proper credit. Similarly, if you know any app or other methods for recording WhatsApp call on iOS devices, then I am ready to listen.
Thank you for reading so far into the article. Hope you have a nice day.