Both iPhone and Android have their own advantages and disadvantages. Some like Android better than iPhone and some likes the other way around. It all boils down to what you prefer. Do you want to have a phone that just works smoothly then iPhone is the one you should get (and also if your budget allows) and if you are sort of person who likes to customize their phone, then Android is the best. I personally prefer Android because it allows you to customize your phone the way you like. If you are a nerd, then you can also play around advanced stuff to make your phone more personal.
For this same reason, many people are migrating from iOS to Android the fact that you are now reading this article proves that you are also either already bought an Android or in the process of ditching your iPhone for an Android phone. Good for you.
Changing a phone is not an easy task, you need to move everything from one phone to another. And the both phone involves two different OS then it becomes much harder. In this article, we are going to address one such problem.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
All of us has contacts on our phone that we don’t want to lose. In this article, I will show you how you can transfer your contacts from iPhones to Android phones.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhones to Android?
This article has two parts. One is where you have to download all the contacts from your iPhone, and the other one is to import all those downloaded contacts to the Android. Sounds complicated? Well, don’t worry. I will walk you through.
Part1- Download Contacts from iPhone using iClouds
- First, make sure that all of your contacts are synced to the iCloud.
- Go to your computer and open up a browser (use safari or firefox for better user experience) and visit iCloud.com.
- Sign in using your Apple id and password.
- Select contact and then select All Contact from left-hand side.
- If you are on Mac press command + A or press Ctrl + A on Windows to select all the contacts.
- Now on the bottom left side, you can see a gear icon. Click on that and then select Export vCard.
- A .vcf file should be downloaded onto your computer.
You have completed 1st part of this tutorial. Now on to the 2nd part.
Part2- How to import contact from .vcf file on Android
- Open your computer browser and type contacts.google.com or you click here.
- Sign in with the google account that you are using on your Android phone.
- On the left-hand side, you should see an option marked as import.
- Click on that. Now you can select your download .vcf file, and you have to click import.
- Wait couples of minutes and let Google import all the files from your .vcf file.
Your contacts have been transferred. Now all you have to do is sync your contacts with your android phone.
- To do that, open setting app on your Android phone.
- Tap on Accounts then Google.
- Tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner and select Sync Now..
Now done, you have successfully imported your contacts from iPhone to Android. You need to celebrate now.