Instagram has become one of the top social media platforms for millions of people to share photos and videos with their followers, friends, and family. Now you will be able to create a profile on Instagram and share your photos and videos with everyone who is following you on the platform. While this Facebook-owned platform offers many features but one feature that is more popular is its stories.
What is Instagram Stories?
The Instagram story is a place where you can share photos, add polls, share videos and many other with your followers. But the catch is that it is only visible for 24 hours. Once 24 hours passes the post vanishes, and no one can see that again. The Instagram story is highly influenced by the Snapchat story, and now most people use Instagram story feature that they do Snapchat story. Most Instagram users us this feature to share their daily life with their followers.
What is Instagram Story Close Friends Feature?
So recently Instagram launched close friends feature for stories. Up until now whatever you share on your IG stories could be seen by everyone who is following you. Also, people could see your story without even following you. This close friends feature aims to solve that. There are posts or update that you only wish to share with your close friends and there was no option to do earlier. But now you can create a close friend category and select to share your stories with those people only and others won’t even notice.
How to Use Instagram Stories Close Friends Feature
Despite how complicated this feature might sound to you, this feature is in reality very simple. This feature has two part, one is to create your close friend’s group and the 2nd, and the final part is to share stories with those friends only.
How to Create a Close Friends Group on Instagram:
- Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
- On the top left screen, you can see your Instagram username.
- Tap on the username.
- Now you shall see two options, one tells you about the number of followers you have, and the other one reads ‘Close Friends.’
- Tap on the Close Friends option, and you will be asked to mark people who you want to add as your close friend.
How to Share Stories With Close Friends Only:
So now that you have created your close friend’s group, now it is time to share your stories with those chosen friends only.
- First, create your story using the same methods that you used to previously.
- Once your status is ready, hit on the ‘Send To’ button.
- Here you will be asked where you’d like to share your story, instead of selecting ‘Your story’ like you would normally do, select ‘Close Friends.’
- The story will then only be shared with your close friends.
Still not convinced? Here is a video that explains the same.
So, this was the simple guide to create and share Instagram stories with your close friends only. This feature is still rolling out globally. If you don’t see this feature, then update your app or wait for few more days.