With Rio 2016 in full swing, we've been glued to our telly screens (shhh...don't tell the boss!) There are so many fabulous events but we've narrowed down our top 5 and why we think they're great!
1. Artistic Gymnastics - with female gymnasts participating in the floor exercise, vault, uneven bars and balance beam we are always impressed with the versatility and various strengths these athletes show. Our personal favourite is the balance beam; just how do they manage to stay on it?! Team GB are sisters Ellie and Becky Downie, Claudia Fragapane, Ruby Harrold and Amy Tinklier (and the gents too of course).
2. Beach Volleyball - sunshine, sand and knocking a ball around with 'friends' reminds us of being on holiday. We reckon beach volleyball looks like the most fun out of all the Olympic sports. Ignore us whilst we sit at our desks lusting after the incredible toned physiques of Team GB!
3. Track Cycling - real life speed demons with speeds during the track sprint averaging between 37-43mph these athletes are beyond impressive! We love the event particularly for the outfits - spandex ahoy and futuristic helmets. Who will you be cheering on?
4. Fencing - a sport in which two competitors fight using Rapier-style swords, winning points by making contact with their opponent, is one of the five activities to have featured in the first ever modern Olympic Games. Based on the traditional skills of swordsmanship we love the historical origins of this sport. We'll be speed-reading Dumas's much loved novel, The Three Musketeers, to get us in the mood.
5. Triathlon - composed of running, swimming and cycling these athletes prove themselves to be real all-rounders. We can barely swim 500m, let alone 1.5km plus a run and cycle! We'll be cheering on the ladies (and gents too but hey, we're biased) Vicky Holland, Helen Jenkins, Non Stanford and Jodie Stimpson.
Which events will you be watching over the coming weeks? Are you tempted to try out a new sport inspired by our incredible athletes?